Thursday, January 14, 2010

Escapism

Escapism

Even after all this time my pen has never left the page
but it open doors locked cages
Can't you hear me calling you
Far away from traffic jams, fear of old age
thoughts of what's for dinner and endless days barely above minimum wage
allow me to set the stage
where normal days end... mines' begin
Pouring out my dreams, thoughts, and ideas.. so say when
Prepared to lift your head and remove your hands from your chin
Stop thinking about whether you will break or bend
I'm against sending texts and emails
because there's no way my essence can be shrunk down to scale
Emptiness and loneliness aren't harbored here to dwell
Ships name Disappointment and Sadness have sailed
When i utter your name it's not a comedy or adventure
It's like reaching the Holy Grail
I'm not just here to say hey, that's for farmers' bale
so when you round your love ones up from the bell
Until you left a veil of engagements bells
Even after a coffin receives nails
My thoughts are aspirations won't fail.

No comments: